Migliaccio & Rathod is investigating University Urology in New York, NY. On May 1, University Urology posted a notice on its website informing the public of a sensitive and dangerous data breach on its website.
The information accessed varied by individual but may have included:
- first and last name, address, date of birth;
- username/email in combination with a password or security question / answer that would allow access;
- medical condition, medical treatment;
- medical test results;
- prescription information;
- health insurance policy number;
- subscriber identification number;
- health plan beneficiary numbers; and
All of the information stolen is likely valuable and dangerous. In previous data breaches, victims of data theft have noticed identity theft attempts ranging from fraudulent charges on bank accounts or credit cards, to medical services or government services ordered in their name, to their information being posted on the dark web.
Have you received a data breach letter, email, or other notice from University Urology of New York, NY?
If you received such a notice, we would like to hear from you. Please complete the contact form on this page, send us an email at email@example.com, or give us a call at (202) 470-3520.
The lawyers at Migliaccio & Rathod LLP have years of experience in class action litigation against large corporations, including in cases involving data breaches such as this. More information about our current cases and investigations is available on our blog.