Migliaccio & Rathod LLP is currently investigating the recent FDA Class I recall of Becton Dickinson Alaris system infusion pumps due to multiple system errors, software errors, and use-related errors. These infusion pumps continuously or intermittently deliver fluids, medications, blood and blood products to adult, pediatric, or neonatal patients in large volumes. The errors experienced were likely to lead to a delay in infusion, the interruption of infusion, slower-than-expected delivery of medication and faster-than-expected delivery of medication.
On February 4, 2020, five different models of the Alaris system were included in the recall initiated by Becton Dickinson. In total, the company recalled 774,000 devices in the U.S. According to a news release, there have been 55 reported injuries and one death due to the issues. These were the affected models:
- BD Alaris System PC Unit Model 8000, software versions 9.5 and prior.
- BD Alaris System PC Unit Model 8015, software versions 9.33 and prior, and software version 12.1.0.
- BD Alaris Pump Module Model 8100, software versions 9.33 and prior, and software version 12.1.0.
- Alaris Syringe Module Model 8110, software versions 9.33 and prior, and software version 12.1.0.
- Alaris PCA Module Model 8120, software versions 9.33 and prior, and software version 12.1.0.
Have you been affected by the Becton Dickinson Alaris system fusion pump recall?
If so, we would like to hear from you. Please complete the contact form on this page, send us an email at email@example.com, or give us a call at (202) 470-3520.
Committed to Consumer Protection
The lawyers at Migliaccio & Rathod LLP have years of experience in class action litigation against large corporations, including in cases involving defective products. More information about our current cases and investigations is available on our blog.