Matthew (Matt) is Of Counsel to the firm's consumer and civil rights practices. He joined M&R after practicing with nationally recognized plaintiffs' firms based in Washington D.C. and the San Francisco Bay Area. Previous successes include an $18 million trial judgment on behalf of a class of retired steelworkers, as well as contributions to antitrust, civil rights, and employee benefits cases that have resulted in substantial settlements and judgments in favor of the class. After graduating magna cum laude from Duke Law School where he was inducted into the honor's society, he clerked for the Hon. Rosemary Barkett on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Duke Law School JD, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- LLM, International and Comparative Law
- Notes Editor, Duke Law Journal
- UC Santa Cruz, MA, History of Consciousness
- Columbia University, BA, cum laude
- New York